Welcome to the Maine Animal Coalition!
Since 1987 Maine Animal Coalition, an all volunteer organization, has worked to promote compassion towards all animals and to instill this compassion as a guiding principle in the State of Maine.
Here’s more on what Maine Animal Coalition Does:
- Supports advertising, referendums, and legislation to reduce animal suffering
- Brings nationally known speakers to Maine to lecture on topics such as animal rights and vegetarianism (like those mentioned above)
- Maintains an educational website that includes up-to-date information about animal welfare issues and events, vegetarian recipes and resources, activities for children, Maine animal laws and resources for cruelty free products
- Publishes the Maine Animal Resource Guide, which is a 34 page booklet that helps Maine residents solve animal welfare related issues
- Sponsors demonstrations against events in Maine that promote animal cruelty
- Documents and reports animal cruelty to Maine’s Animal Welfare Program and local animal control officers
- Provides local schools and libraries with literature about animal rights
- On a daily basis answers the public’s questions about animal issues
- Collaborates with national and other Maine animal organizations
- Provides its members free of charge a subscription to VegNews Magazine
Please join Maine Animal Coalition and help us create a community where our relationship with others, animals and humans, is guided by compassion, respect, and empathy.
Please, Plant a Seed of Compassion
Mark your Calendar For
MAC’s 15th annual Maine Veg Fest 2019 coming
Nov. 3 at the Italian Heritage Center in Portland!